PRE SURGICAL INSTRUCTIONS:
- Adult dogs/cats: no food after 10pm the night before surgery
- Rabbits are allowed to eat right up until they come in. Please bring fresh leafy vegetables and fresh fruit for after surgery (no pellets or hay)
- Puppies and kittens less than 4 months can have a small meal no later than 6am
- Water does not have to be removed
- Drop off time 8:00-9:00am Monday
- Drop off time 7:30-8:30am Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Cats and rabbits must come in pet carriers
- Dogs must come in on a leash or in a pet carrier
HOME CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- My pet is coughing, is that normal? Yes, a mild dry cough can occur from the endotracheal tube. If there are any breathing abnormalities or your pet appears to be in distress please call us immediately.
- There is some swelling is this normal? Swelling around the incision can be normal but if you call or email a photo we can verify it is nothing to be concerned about.
- My pet has diarrhea after the surgery? This can happen as a result of the anesthetic medications used. If it does not resolve within 24 hours or if your pet seems lethargic, is not eating or drinking please call us.
- When can my dog go back to the off leash? Incision healing takes 10-14 days. This means no dog park, and restricted activity.
image by Chipperfield Photography